New tools are frequently added so come and check often!
- Identification of key influencers engaging with your content so you can reply/interact with them
- Identification of people that you should follow and/or engage with
- Manage multiple profiles and schedule tweets
- View detailed analysis of your Twitter accounts
- Manage Twitter lists Divide lists into custom categories
If youre looking for a good management tool for Twitter only this is really useful. There is a lot of noise on Twitter and Commun.it helps you filter whats important and provides you the ability to manage your Twitter account more effectively.
There is a free option and price starts at $29.99 per month and goes up to $119 per month.
- You get a daily email of content based on topics and keywords set up
- Share the content to Twitter using ContentGems, Buffer, Instapaper and save it to Pocket for later reading
- Chrome extension/bookmarklet available for further sharing.
We really like this tool because it comes up with really good content on a daily basis. Try it out to see if content relevant to your niche is as good. Theres a good free offering so worth testing it out.
Free offer available and price starts at $9 per month.
- An editorial calendar to plan, organize and assign future content
- Drag-and-drop functionality within the editorial calendar to make it easy to re-arrange both posts and social sharing
- Task management tools that allow users to assign tasks to particular team members
- Social media scheduling You can set up Tweets, Facebook updates etc for your blog posts and this can be sent out multiple times.
- Can be used within WordPress or on non-WordPress sites.
These guys are rocking it with some great functionality. Its a great piece of software for only $10 a month and you have to have a editorial calendar if youre a blogger!
14-day free trial, then $10 per month per website
- Real-time analytics to provide you with the most up to date information
- Customizable dashboards with an option to export content to Excel
- Your loyal supporters are identified to enable to you to build the relationship with them
- Actionable insights find out who to engage with, when to send content and what opportunities there are to improve
- Collaborate with others e.g. share dashboards with clients.
If Twitter and Facebook are your main channels and analytics are important this is useful. However, they have limited functionality for managing posting, moderation etc so you may need to use a full management tool for this. Check out Agorapulse as an alternative.
Price starts at $9 per month.
- View overall stats on particular hashtag usage over a time period
- View influential tweets related to hashtags that got most retweets, favorites etc
- Identify the top influencers using any particular hashtag.
- Produce detailed reports.
If you want detailed analytics on how a hashtag is used. You may want to find out all the influential people that are most active for any particular hashtag.
Price starts at $9.90 per month.
- Support for a good variety of platforms
- You can display the vertical sharing icons which are always displayed as someone scrolls through the post
This tool is still used on a lot of sites but it hasnt been updated for well over a year. I think there are better social sharing plugins available. (e.g. Flare).
- Used by many prominent websites, so many readers already have a login
- Works on WordPress, Blogger, Movable Type, Tumblr, Drupal, HTML & JS sites
- Allows readers to up-vote and down-vote comments, and to respond to specific comments within a thread
- Quick and easy to configure
- Highly effective built-in spam filter
- Can import existing comments when you switch to Disqus, or export comments if you leave the service.
We have used Disqus on our blog for the last couple of years and I dont see us changing it. So that must mean we like it!!
Disqus is free to use on your website. They make money through charging advertisers.
- Users can specify a source feed (e.g. a blog) and a destination (e.g. Twitter) where updates will be posted
- Customize how tweets will appear, e.g. add hashtags and maximum number of tweets per day
- Specify start and end times so no social media updates are sent out when your audience is asleep!
- Can use own URL shortener for analytics.
You need some automation for social media and automatically sending your own content to social media channels is useful. Weve used this tool for a couple of years and never had problems with it.
Some features available for free, others require a subscription starting at $9.99 a month.
- Schedule content at any time to your profile and select any particular circles you want to share to. You can also tag people in the updates
- Create draft posts which can be used at a later stage
- Sharing content from Google+(i.e. you are on Google+ and see an article) to Do Share where you can subsequently re-share (e.g. other peoples content)
If you want to schedule posts to your Google+ personal profile there are very few tools that can do this. This works quite well. Just dont shut down your browser when content is due to be posted!
This is currently completely free.